Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Just a thought.........

When do you feel proud of yourself? I thought of this when I received compliments from my friends for writing this blog. When they complimented me, I felt happy, ecstatic, like sunshine had suddenly burst forth from me, I felt humbled because they understood what I had written and I felt my heart grow even fonder of them. But I did not even once feel proud of myself!
Do you want to know when I feel truly proud of myself? It’s when I am actually penning down my thoughts, when I put two words together such that they create a meaning apt to that situation that I want to describe, I feel proud when I complete writing a poem which I wrote just to express my feelings without thought as to whether anyone would like it. I write to please myself and to express my doubts, fears, joy and happiness. I play the keyboard to feel the joy that I can create music (Am still learning though, but I still love it!!). And that makes me proud, that is the moment I feel pride in my work, in myself.
I have written a few poems that I have shown only to a couple of people, one of those poems expresses sadness and despair due to fact that I thought that I don't fit in anywhere. But that poem that others may conceive as a sorrowful one is truly the poem that best describes my strength! The feeling of pride that I felt when I wrote that poem truly can be rated among my top proud moments!! Hehehe.......
So do you tell your kids that you feel proud of them when they get an A grade? Instead tell them that you feel proud of them when they study, when they learn something new!! That is my opinion! Please feel free to tell me about your proud moments! I would love to hear about them!! Keep smiling :-)

allvoices

1 comment:

Nilabh said...

Hey thanks for your comments on my paintings.
I see that u write a lot and thats the good stuff. I liked your articles. they talk on the psychological base which is what I am interested at. Keep writing. You got a reader.