Monday, July 14, 2008

A Table for Two

I have this inherent ability, such that varied thoughts keep entering and leaving my mind, and I am always in a whirl, with my emotions varying as fast as the the colors of a chameleon. Love has given my life an entirely new perspective.
Imagine waking up early morning, watching the sunrise while sipping a cup of your favorite filter coffee. Then going to work to a place where everyone loves you, and you love everyone. Imagine the bone deep satisfaction of doing your job well, of doing something creative that is beneficial to the world. Imagine going home to a playful, loving family and living in a dream house that you helped build. Evening walks on the beach with a golden Labrador, who looks like a streak of sunbeam blazing across the sand, would be an integral part of your day. Imagine the amount of happiness and satisfaction you would feel just before you closed your eyes and went to sleep. Put all this happiness in to a bubble and try, just try to measure it. That is the amount of joy I feel when i see my boyfriend's smile. When i see his face light up with laughter and his eyes look tenderly at me, i feel all the world fade away. Every silly joke I tell, every funny and quirky habit of mine, all my hard work, every tune I compose, every song I sing, earns me a reward more precious to me than anything in the world. I had never thought that one person's smile would mean so much, but it does. Love has given me a peaceful, easy feeling that would remain with me through everything.
A cool breeze wafted cheerful tidings into my ears as i dressed my best, leaving my home for a romantic evening with a handsome young man. I walked for a while, then took a cab to our meeting place. He came armed with a smile to melt my heart and flowers to captivate my soul. We walked, hand in hand to the restaurant and argued about who would pay the bill. I finally gave in (for the first time) and we declared peace, sealed with a kiss! (hehehhe)
We asked for a table for two, and he opened the door for me, the door to the most romantic place I have ever been to! It was dim, with small lights on the ceiling casting a light glow on the room. We sat down, and the waiter greeted us with the satisfaction of knowing that a good sum of money would be extracted from us by the time we got done with dinner! But for the first time, we didn't care. I looked into his eyes and I saw the beautiful soul of the man I love. Our relationship, our bond, our friendship, our joy made the whole room so much more beautiful, so much more magical, and I told him so. There is one thing that I love about my sweetheart, he is so warm that even when I am almost freezing in a room where the temperature is dangerously low, his body remains as warm as if he is sitting beside a fireplace and is as cozy as a bug in a rug. I can hold his hand for hours and feel his warmth seep through my skin, it feels like heaven.
It was one of the most beautiful evenings of my life, and the food was delicious! The music was like the chirping of birds in the wood, inconspicuous and yet so beautiful and soothing. At that moment, if you could have gauged my joy in terms of music, you would have heard a symphony so true that it would have melted your heart too.
Well, sorry to disappoint the food lovers but there was no room for desert in our stomachs so we just topped off the evening with a walk by the sea. I think i fell in love with my man all over again today! I think I am truly getting nauseatingly mushy so I had better sign off with a warm hug to all out there...........Keep Smiling.
allvoices

5 comments:

u.D. said...

Its one of the most beautiful articles I have ever read in the entire lifetime i have lived. All i feel like doing now is getting washed away with the waves within me that your kind words have made. Wherever you go, and whatever you do.....Dont stop writing...Its one of the few ways ill be able to see you happy, even when you are miles away from me.

Unknown said...

Commendable writing... Especially the Measure of Happiness.. Keep it up.

Tejas Lakhani said...

You narrate it in such a manner that makes anyone fall in love.

You are born analyst.
Keep up the good work buddy.

Do chk out

www.tejaslakhani.com/blog

Unknown said...

This is HAPPYNESS, with the Y. :)

RewaTee said...

Hey,

I was almost into tears when I read this post.. very beautifully written..being in love is truly an amazing experience:) I wish I was in love with someone too:)